Are the Roosters on track for a three-peat?
It's been three weeks since the NRL restarted and there's been a clear standout in that time.
After starting the season 0-2, the Roosters proved too strong for Souths before turning it up a notch in the past fortnight against Brisbane (59-0) and the Bulldogs (42-6).
A key to that win over Canterbury was fullback James Tedesco's form. The NSW State of Origin custodian, who believes he's only going to get "better and better", scored three tries and was a constant threat in attack. Is he the best player in the world right now? It's hard to argue.
The Roosters will again be favourites to win this week, however, Parramatta are top of the ladder and playing confident footy. Can they topple the two-time reigning premiers?
Down in the nation's capital, we get the latest on John Bateman's contract situation and the return of crowds to footy while Manly's Curtis Sironen has a more immediate worry as he's facing up to Jack Wighton on Sunday.
And there's a better vibe down in Dragons land following the Red V's win over Cronulla last week. But there was a bolt from the blue today when the Dragons confirmed they were considering granting James Graham a release to return to the English Super League.
The round kicks off with the Broncos looking for redemption against Newcastle Knights tonight. Brisbane remain winless since the NRL's re-start - will the return of captain Alex Glenn help break their losing streak? Buckle up for another interesting start to the round.
* This edition of Tackle Count was written by Joshua Bartlett.
The footy news you can't afford to miss
- LAURIE DALEY: I predict ... more sin-binnings this weekend
- PODCAST: Who will get to attend Raiders' games?
- CADEN HELMERS: Bateman contract talks delay after agent banned
- BARRY TOOHEY: Kurt Gidley's unforgettable sideline conversion to beat the Storm
- DAVID KLEMMER: Storm loss a reality check for us all
- CRAIG KERRY: Bradman Best quickly growing into Origin prospect
- CAMERON MEE: Frizell determined to leave on positive note
- JOHN VEAGE: Season set to restart for Sharkies women
- CAMERON MEE: Dragons players support de Belin ahead of return to court
- DARREN WALTON: Tedesco says he's only going to get better and better