Two prominent leaders responsible for the state's wine and farming sectors have been invited to back a new multi-million-dollar plan to protect jobs affected by the coronavirus.
Primary Producers SA's Rob Kerin and the Wine Industry Association's Brian Smedley join the newly-established 14-member council to launch a $650 million job rescue package.
The chief executives meet for the first time today (Thursday) with Premier Steven Marshall to head what will be known as the Industry Response and Recovery Council.
Represented under the council are business, property, retail, construction and housing to tourism, food, and hospitality.
So far it is unknown what the council members roles will mean for country workers in the wine regions such as the Clare and Barossa Valleys and in primary industry.
The team will tackle the state's "greatest economic emergency" to protect jobs disrupted by the virus.
This is the second significant state government economic stimulus to be announced this month and complements the $350 million package.
Mr Marshall said this swift action would help to "save livelihoods" and emerge from this challenge stronger and more resilient.
"Now, more than ever, we must work together - using our shared expertise and experience to ensure we protect as many industries, businesses and local jobs as possible," he said. Members of the group:
- . Martin Haese - Business SA
- . Ian Markos - Master Builders Association
- . Daniel Gannon - Property Council of Australia (SA)
- . Ian Horne - Australian Hotels Association
- . Shaun De Bruyn - Tourism Industry Council SA
- . Stephen Knight - Housing Industry Association
- . Phil Sutherland - Civil Contractors Federation SA
- . Colin Shearing - SA Independent Retailers' Association
- . Paul Unerkov - Motor Trade Association South Australia
- . Brian Smedley - Wine Industry Association
- . Catherine Sayers - Food SA
- . Wes Lambert - Restaurant & Catering Australia
- . Rob Kerin - Primary Producers SA
More details to come.