The federal government is providing regular updates and restrictions to combat the coronavirus health crisis.
Due to the public health concerns around the disease, the Port Pirie Regional Council is following government directions to suspend some services until further notice:
- Port Pirie Aquatic & Leisure Centre (including outdoor swimming pool)
- Crystal Brook Swimming Pool
- Port Pirie Regional Art Gallery
- Crystal Brook Community Bus
- Playgrounds and skate parks
- Pirie Rail Express Miniature Railway
- Port Pirie Visitor Information Centre - consistent with the federal government direction around suspension of local government non-essential services.
The Stateliner Bus Service remains in operation and is still accessible to the public via a separate entrance.
Council is investigating ways to bring Port Pirie and Crystal Brook library services to the community, including the popular children's storytime and song sessions Baby Bounce which has shifted to online.
Council reassured the community that the safety and well-being of residents are the priority and they are monitoring the situation as directed by the government.
Further information on changes to council services can be found on their Facebook page or on the council website here.