The Walkway Gallery announced the winners of the 2017 Tatiara Art prize at a function in the gallery on Saturday night.
There was a huge list of finalists to choose from, however the judging panel comprising of Alice Clanachan, Rachel McElwee and Margaret Hancock Davis were able to narrow it down to pick a winner in each category.
The Walkway Gallery congratulated all of the art prize finalists.
The winners on the night were:
- Under 12s ($400 art supplies) - Carol Murray Children’s Centre, We’re all in this together.
- Junior (12-14 year old) $200 - Jamie Wachtel, Rex the Rhino.
- Tertiary (18-21 years old) $500 - Olivia Hawthorne, Zebra.
- Ralph Winter Memorial (local artist) $500 - Jaime Prosser - Palm Leaves in Sunbleached Walls.
- Highly Commended Tatiara Art Prize $1000 - Diana Wiseman, A Landscape Remembered.
- 2017 Tatiara Art Prize winner $10,000 (acquisitive) - Anna Horne, Black #2.
Anna Horne is a South Australian sculptor whose practice focuses on process and materiality.
Her work references domestic objects and space through the use of commonplace materials; industrial home construction products are rendered strange, their practical function unrecognisable.
Since graduating from the Adelaide Central School of Art in 2008, Horne has exhibited frequently in local and interstate galleries.
This year the gallery was delighted to announce the inclusion of 3 dimensional work into the prize.
The Tatiara community still have the chance to vote for the People’s Choice award before November 23.
An exhibition of selected works will be held at the gallery from October 9 to November 24.