The Border Chronicle has been serving the Tatiara district since 1908.
It has a loyal readership, and is the first choice local media for news, information and advertising for this rich, historic and diverse inland region.
The Border Chronicle is published every Wednesday.
Our 100 year milestone was celebrated in 2008 with a few guests and cake to mark the special occasion.
Major towns in Tatiara are Bordertown, Keith, Mundulla, Padthaway and Wolseley. Our circulation also includes Tintinara, Coonalpyn and over the border to Kaniva in Victoria.
The region is popular with tourists ¬ both as a destination in its own right and as the gateway to the Limestone Coast.
Attractions include white kangaroos in Bordertown, the Land Rover on a pole in Keith, Padthaway wineries and beautiful national parks in their pristine natural state.
One name that stands out in the history of the Border Chronicle is that of Eric Sprigg.
Eric joined the Chronicle staff as an apprentice in 1911, under the paper’s founder Mr Leslie Samuel Duncan.
In 1924 he was taken into partnership by the then proprietor, Mr Donald Campbell, who became the sole proprietor in 1931.
Mr Sprigg then took on a wider interest in country newspaper affairs - he was soon appointed to the general committees of the Provincial Press Association of South Australia, now Country Press Association.
He served as president of this body in 1952 and 1953 and represented the state body on the committee of management of the Australian Press Association.
He was also awarded life membership of the Country Press Association.